The winter school will take place at the Computer Science Building at the University of Würzburg.
Institut für Informatik
For information how to reach Würzburg see: How to reach Würzburg and campus am Hubland
Once you have arrived to Würzburg, you need to reach the Campus Hubland. There is no tram connection, but there are few busses running there. The lines are:
- 10, direction Sprachzentrum, stop Hubland/Mensa,
- 14, direction Gerbrunn, stop: Mathematisches Institut,
- 114, direction Fachhochschule, stop Hubland/Mensa,
- 214, direction Universitätszentrum, stop Universitätszentrum.
Detailed bus schedules (in German)
- RELATE Fellows registered as Uni Würzbug official visitor, you will get tickets at the registration desk. Ask Piotr for details. The tickets valid 2 months for all zones.
- You can buy tickets by a bus driver, vending machines, at the train station, and few other locations.
- You can buy a single ticket (Einzelkarte - 2.45€) for 1 zone (Zone A, 1 Wabe or Großwabe) and use it for 90min. You can change the bus lines, but you can't go back on the same ticket.
- You can buy 6 tickets for 6 rides (6er-Karte - 9.6€ = 1.6€ per ride).
Building and Rooms Info
The building of Computer Science (Informatikgebäude) has four levels in total: -1 (Hanggeschoss), 0 (Erdgeschoss), 1, and 2. Entrances to the building are located on levels 0 and -1. The Turing-HS is a big lecture hall for 350 people and it has doors at the level -1 and 0. The coffee breaks take place by the entrance to the Turing hall on the level -1. The rooms UR1 and UR2 are located on the level -1. Rooms SE2 and SE3 (if needed) are located on level 0. Sings will be placed in the building to guide you to the desired location.
Maps to download
- Campus vector map (pdf, 1.5MB)
- Campus raster map (png, 980KB)
- Old town, Social Event vector map (pdf, 2.4MB)
- Old town, Social Event raster map (png, 1.3MB)
- Old town, Supervisory Board Dinner vector map (pdf, 2.4MB)
- Old town, Supervisory Board Dinner raster map (png, 2MB)
- Google map - coarse plan of the walk in the old town
On the map, we marked the venue, bus stops, mensa (for lunch), and the residence where the social event takes place.